- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
A compound C (molecular formula, C2H4O2 ) reacts with Na – metal to form a compound R and evolves a gas which burns with a pop sound. Compound C on treatment with an alcohol A in presence of an acid forms a sweet-smelling compound S (molecular formula, C3H6O2 ). On addition of NaOH to C, it also gives R and water. S on treatment with NaOH solution gives back R and A. Identify C, R, A, S and write down the reactions involved.
The organic compound, C is ethanoic acid (CH3COOH), as it evolves hydrogen with a pop sound on reacting with sodium.
When (A) ethanoic acid reacts with sodium, sodium ethanoate (CH3COONa) is formed. Therefore, R is sodium ethanoate.
$2CH_3COOH +2 Na → 2CH_3COONa + H_2$
(in the presence of Conc H2SO4)
The sweet-smelling compound S (ester) is ethyl ethanoate (CH3COOCH3). Compound A is Ethanol.$ CH_3COOH + C_2H_5OH → CH_3COOC_2H_5 + H_2O$
- Compound Literals in C
- Set MongoDB compound index with a fixed value field
- Compound assignment operators in C#
- Compound Assignment Operators in C++
- C Program for compound interest?
- C Program for the compound interest?
- Program to find compound interest in C++
- Compound operators in Arduino
- How to create a compound border for a component in Java?
- Compare simple interest and compound interest.
- Compound assignment operators in Java
- Python Program for compound interest
- MongoDB compound conditions to fetch documents?
- Java Program to calculate Compound Interest
- How to index my collection to use a compound multikey index?