What is the difference between jQuery and AngularJS?
AngularJS is an open source web application framework. It was originally developed in 2009 by Misko Hevery and Adam Abrons. It is now maintained by Google. Its latest version is 1.4.3.
The following are the features of AngularJS:
- AngularJS is open source, completely free, and used by thousands of developers around the world. It is licensed under the Apache License version 2.0.
Here is the list of important core features supported by jQuery,
- DOM manipulation − The jQuery made it easy to select DOM elements, traverse them and modifying their content by using cross-browser open source selector engine called Sizzle.
- Event handling − The jQuery offers an elegant way to capture a wide variety of events, such as a user clicking on a link, without the need to clutter the HTML code itself with event handlers.
- AJAX Support − The jQuery helps you a lot to develop a responsive and feature-rich site using AJAX technology.
- Animations − The jQuery comes with plenty of built-in animation effects which you can use in your websites.
- Lightweight − The jQuery is very lightweight library - about 19KB in size (Minified and gzipped).
- Cross Browser Support − The jQuery has cross-browser support, and works well in IE 6.0+, FF 2.0+, Safari 3.0+, Chrome and Opera 9.0+
- Latest Technology − The jQuery supports CSS3 selectors and basic XPath syntax.
Published on 22-Dec-2017 12:23:17