- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why Selenium IDE is not used for dynamic Website testing?
Selenium IDE is not used for dynamic testing. It can be used for a quick solution for a simple automation scenario, but not for developing an entire regression suite. The reasons for doing so are listed below −
Selenium IDE is a Firefox plugin and hence mostly compatible with only Firefox browser.
Selenium IDE is majorly used for prototyping purpose and can be used to automate static web pages only. There can be multiple issues if we try to test a dynamic page with Selenium IDE.
Instead of Selenium IDE, Selenium webdriver can be used since it provides a programming interface to identify elements and perform actions on them while creating a test case.
Selenium IDE is mostly used for its record and play feature and not to automate a dynamic website having complex automation scenarios.
Selenium IDE does not assist object oriented programming.
The elements can be identified only with absolute xpath in Selenium IDE.
In case of a dynamic webpage, we may have to handle multiple navigations, alerts, pop-ups and so on. All these cannot be handled with Selenium IDE.
Mouse and keyboard movements cannot be performed with Selenium IDE.
Selenium IDE does not have the ability to support listeners.
Selenium IDE cannot be adopted for the cross-browser testing.
- Related Articles
- Cookie Testing: Example Test Cases for Website
- Why GeckoDriver is used in selenium?
- Why do we use WebDriver instead of Selenium IDE?
- Why is IDE important for faster Java Development?
- Which IDE is Used for Python Programming in Software Companies?
- Like sheep hair is used for making wool why human hair is not used?
- How to create nested test suites for Selenium IDE?
- What is Dynamic Testing? (Types, Techniques, Example)
- How to use Selenium IDE?
- Difference between selenium IDE, RC & WebDriver.
- How do I use Selenium IDE?
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Testing
- Why are thermoplastics not used for making frying pan handles?
- Why salt is used for preservation?
- Why is Python used for hacking?