- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why Rainy season is not considered good to start exercising?
According to Ayurveda, it is during the monsoon season that your digestive system goes down. It is recommended to eat foods that generate heat in the body and boost the immune system. When the amount of food intake has to be lowered, it is also the time when the body should not be allowed to get tired much. As this is the period when the immune system becomes low, it is said that the body shouldn’t be tired much. When it comes to Indian monsoon season, much exercise is not recommended for an Asian body during monsoon.
As per the climatic conditions of Asian countries, the people here are recommended to have light food which is easily digestible and lighter exercises like simple walk or some Yogasanas are recommended, which doesn’t cause a physical strain. According to Ayurveda, heavy exercises like running, jogging, cycling etc. are not suggestible as they increase the Pitta (body heat) and hence simple stretches and walking are done by the Asian people during monsoon.
It is much better to take rest with little exercises in order to keep the body in balance. The Vaata, Pitta, and Kapha should be maintained at required levels for a person to be healthy and avoiding heavy workouts during monsoon would help so.
The case is different for them where a group of participants was observed for their oxygen consumption, skin temperature, muscle exertion, etc. by measuring breathing and stress levels when worked out in cold and rain-like weather conditions, their oxygen consumption and fat burning levels were considerably higher than those who worked out in normal weather conditions. Hence, this depends on the climatic conditions of the place you live.
- Why Lord Krishna is considered supreme god?
- Why Dante is considered a great poet?
- Why is river Ganga considered as sacred?
- Why is Wealth Maximization considered superior to Profit Maximization?
- Why is it not good to sleep on the stomach for the whole night?
- Why is Pablo Picasso considered a great artist?
- Why Anger is considered as self-killer/destroyer?
- Why is Tulsi plant considered sacred in Hinduism?
- Why is feedback necessary for good business?
- Why is it considered auspicious to bathe in rivers in India?
- Why are women considered bad drivers?
- Why is it not good practice to use date values with two-digits years in MySQL?
- Why is Swami Vivekananda considered an inspirational leader even today?
- Why is iostream::eof inside a loop condition considered wrong?
- What is Methanol and why is it considered an alternative cooking fuel?