What Is the most important thing I should know about now?
Quick Facts About Zika Virus
- Zika virus gets spread by Aedes aegypti, the yellow fever mosquito, which also causes dengue, Chikungunya, Mayaro, Yellow fever, etc.
- This mosquito remains active especially at daytime.
- This mosquito spreads the virus by biting the infected person and then the rest.
- Besides mosquito, Zika virus or fever gets spread due to unprotected sexual intercourse, infected blood, organ donation, and even through saliva.
Symptoms of Zika Virus
- The symptoms of Zika are quite similar to those that are in Dengue. Tiredness, fever, red eyes, joint, finger, muscle pain, headache, pain behind the eyes, and red marks on the body.
- These symptoms are observed usually after 12 days of biting and remain 2-7 days.
- It takes 3-4 months for the disease and the virus’ influence fade away.
There is no vaccine and medicine is available yet to cure Zika yet and it is largely treated on the basis of symptoms. Patients are given paracetamol to reduce pain and fever. Physicians get the RT-PCR, Anty-Body Test IG, PRANT done of blood and urine. Commonly, RT PCR test is done to identify Zika virus.
Published on 13-Dec-2018 11:57:10