- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to see request logs in Postman console?
We can see request logs in the Postman console. Once a request has been sent, the Postman console records the header of request, variables, Response header and body, certificates, proxy settings, errors, scripts, output obtained from console.log, and so on.
The Console is obtained from the Postman application by following the navigation − View menu Show Postman Console. Or using the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+C.
Let us send a GET request for an endpoint. Add a Pre-request and Tests scripts.
console.log("Tutorialspoint - Postman")
console.warn("Warning message in console") console.log("Logging message in console") console.info("Info message in console") console.error("Error message in console")
Postman Console Output shows the message from the Pre-Request and Test scripts. Also, we find the Response code and the Response time obtained from the request.
We can expand the panel of the Request, to get more details −
In the Postman Console, we can filter the Console Output messages by Log, Info, Warning and Error. We can also delete the previous logs with the Clear button.
- Related Articles
- How to Remove Unicode from Jenkins Console Output logs using Postman?
- How to use Global Variable in Postman Request?
- How to create a PUT request in Postman?
- How to create a DELETE request in Postman?
- How to create a POST request in Postman?
- What is Postman Console?
- What is Pre-Request Script in Postman?
- How to share Session ID Cookie with another request using Postman?
- Creating Variables using Pre Request Script using Postman?
- 200 logs are stacked in the following manner 20 logs in the bottom row, 19 in the next row, 18 in the row next to it and so on (see Figure). In how many rows are the 200 logs placed and how many logs are in the top row?
- How to Check Logs Using journalctl in Linux
- How to Import Collection in Postman?
- How to Monitor Collections in Postman?
- How to use Sessions in Postman?