- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is difference between selenium 1 and Selenium 2
Selenium or known as RC (Remote Control) and Web Driver differ in many aspects but the key difference comes in the implementation layer or in simple words the architecture of both of them.
As name suggest, RC is a Remote Control which works by taking the remote of the browser and then injects the automation code to be tested by injecting the custom scripts written.
The Web Driver (known as Selenium 2) works on the browser directly and uses browsers in-built features to trigger the automation test written by tester. Web driver is the successor of Remote Control.
The architecture of Selenium Web driver is as follows −
Both of these flavors of Selenium work the same way by remote controlling a browser which can be called from elsewhere.
|Selenium 1||Selenium 2|
|Selenium 1 = Selenium Remote Control.||Selenium 2 = Selenium 1 + WebDriver|
|Selenium RC servers act as a mediator between Selenium command and browser.||WebDriver talks to the OS directly using the OS’s native capability.It uses browser driver for this communication|
|If it comes to speed, it is a bit slower due to the intermediate action of RC Server.||It is speedy as it talks directly to the browser without using any internal proxy server.|
|Does not support Mobile Application Testing.||Uses AndroidDriver and iphoneDriver for mobile Automation.|
|Requires real browser to work.||Also supports headless HTMLUnit browser which facilitates faster execution of tests because it involves no time in waiting for page elements to load.|
|Can support new browsers.||Cannot support new browsers.|
- What is difference between selenium 2 and selenium 3?
- What is the difference between selenium and automation?
- What is the difference between mocha and Selenium?
- What is the difference between selenium WebDriver and TestNG?
- What is the difference between Selenium RC and Webdriver?
- What is difference between Assert and Verify in Selenium?
- What is the difference between getWindowHandle() and getWindowHandles() in Selenium?
- What is the difference between relative and absolute XPath in Selenium?
- Difference between Hadoop 1 and Hadoop 2
- Difference Between COCOMO 1 and COCOMO 2
- Difference between selenium RC and Web Driver?
- What is the difference between MySQL TINYINT(2) vs TINYINT(1)?
- What is the primary difference between the XPath and CSS selector in Selenium?
- What's the difference between RSpec and Cucumber in Selenium?
- Difference between find Element and find Elements in Selenium