- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is difference between selenium 2 and selenium 3?
For users of WebDriver API’s, this is a drop-in replacement. The major change being, removing the core and replacing it with the back-end WebDriver. Selenium 3.0 has become a W3C (world wide web consortium) standard. Also, Selenium 3 would be majorly looking to be a choice of software testing tool for both web and mobile-based applications.
Let's understand to compile the entire list of features which separate the two −
|Selenium 2||Selenium 3|
|Selenium 2 is the combination of WebdDriver+SeleniumRC (Selenium1) which is based on selenium core.||The core is removed from Selenium3 but supports Selenium RC indirectly through back-end Webdriver.|
|WebDriver contributes its object-oriented API for Document Object Model (DOM) interaction and browser control. Firefox is the default browser.||Browser vendors will ship their own WebDriver implementation, hence are tightly coupled to the browser giving a better testing experience.|
|Supports both the Selenium RC API, and the Selenium RC technology underneath the WebDriver API.||No Web Driver API. GeckoDriver has been introduced for Firefox (v47 and above) regardless of any version of Selenium.|
|Mozilla, Chrome, IE implant their driver which is developed by Selenium developers.||Modern Browsers such as Edge, Safari are introduced with the WebDrivers shipped by their vendors|
|Use of AndroidDriver and iPhone driver for mobile Automation.||Use tools such as Appium for Mobile Automation.|
- What is difference between selenium 1 and Selenium 2
- What is the difference between selenium and automation?
- What is the difference between mocha and Selenium?
- What is the difference between selenium WebDriver and TestNG?
- What is the difference between Selenium RC and Webdriver?
- What is difference between Assert and Verify in Selenium?
- What is the difference between getWindowHandle() and getWindowHandles() in Selenium?
- What is the difference between Assert and Verify in Selenium?
- What is the difference between relative and absolute XPath in Selenium?
- What is the difference between findElement and findElements in Selenium Webdriver?
- Difference between selenium RC and Web Driver?
- What is the difference between getWindowHandle() and getWindowHandles() methods in Selenium WebDriver?
- What is the primary difference between the XPath and CSS selector in Selenium?
- What's the difference between RSpec and Cucumber in Selenium?
- Difference between find Element and find Elements in Selenium