- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the difference between selenium and automation?
Automation − It is the technique to run the test cases without human intervention. If we are sticking to the IT industry, Automation is not just confined to Automation of test scripts. Automation is the basic control system in which human intervention is expected the least. Various many tasks such as Data Migration, Decision making for AI, deploying the code automatically in the latest builds for testing etc.
The ultimate goal of Automation is to re-run the regression flows without intervention of manual tester. Initializing some amount of human effort is required to design the scripts. But the end result is really time saving. It's much faster and can run many test cases parallel on different browsers.
The script/code is written by the user which can be run multiple times with the help of automation. Scripts run by Automation are then compared with the expected result automatically along with the descriptive reports.
Selenium − Selenium is an open source testing framework required for Automation or we can say that among various Automation tools/frameworks, Selenium is one such framework for automating applications.
It runs the test cases multiple times cross-browsers. Again functional testing and Regression testing is the key feature of Selenium.
Although Selenese is the domain specific language yet various many programming languages such as Java, Ruby,C#,Python,PHP,.Net Etc. can also be used for writing scripts. Thus making it more users friendly.
Below are the tasks which Selenium Web Driver can do −
Monitoring of Applications
- What is the difference between mocha and Selenium?
- What is difference between selenium 2 and selenium 3?
- What is difference between selenium 1 and Selenium 2
- What is the difference between selenium WebDriver and TestNG?
- What is the difference between Selenium RC and Webdriver?
- What is the difference between getWindowHandle() and getWindowHandles() in Selenium?
- What is difference between Assert and Verify in Selenium?
- What is the difference between relative and absolute XPath in Selenium?
- What is the primary difference between the XPath and CSS selector in Selenium?
- What is the future of Selenium Automation testing, as a career option?
- Get Started With Selenium and Python Automation
- Modern Web Automation With Python and Selenium
- What's the difference between RSpec and Cucumber in Selenium?
- What is the difference between = and: = assignment operators?
- What is the difference between g++ and gcc?