- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is difference between general ledger and sub ledger?
The major differences between the general ledger and sub-ledger are as follows −
Master account in which accounting transactions are recorded.
Account receivables account payable, cash management, bank management and fixed asset.
Have different characteristics for different transactions.
One ledger account.
Data volume is limited.
Have a chart of accounts.
Trail balance prepared.
Intermediate set of accounts linked to the general ledger.
Customer accounts, vendor accounts, bank accounts and fixed assets.
All transactions have the same characteristics.
Can have multiple sub-ledger accounts.
Data volume is large.
Don’t have charts of accounts.
Part of the general ledger.
Trail balance is not prepared.
- What is difference between general journal and general ledger?
- What is difference between trail balance and general ledger?
- What is ledger in accounting?
- Describe Preparation accounts receivable and accounts payable ledger postings
- How to prepare accounts receivable and accounts payable ledger postings?
- How to prepare a bank account in a ledger?\n
- Prepare a ledger balance by using columnar petty cash books
- How postings are made in ledger accounts with single column cash books?
- What is General Register Organization?
- What are the differences between limited partner and general partner?
- What is difference between UITableViewController and UIViewController?
- What is difference between Sociopath and Psychopath?
- What is dispatcher and difference between dispatcher and scheduler?
- What is the difference between jQuery.prop() and jQuery.attr()?