- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How postings are made in ledger accounts with single column cash books?
Following steps are followed while making entries in ledger account −
- Opening balance and closing balance in cash books are not posted in ledger accounts.
- Debit side entries of the cash book are posted in relevant accounts on the credit side in the ledger.
- Credit side entries of the cash book are posted in relevant accounts on the debit side in the ledger.
- Page numbers or account numbers of ledger accounts of respective entries are recorded and written in PR or posting reference columns of single column cash books.
Consider an example for using the below cash book column to prepare general ledger (salaries)
|YYYY July 01||Balance |
|5837||YYYY July 03||Salaries||320||2500|
|July 06||Sales||210||2800||July 07||purchases||325||2000|
|July 09||Sales||210||3850||July 10||Furniture||327||1560|
|July 12||Sales||210||4200||July 15||Stationary||330||500|
|July 20||Sales||210||5630||July 25||Rent||335||2500|
|July 31||Balance c/d||13257|
|Aug 01||Balance b/d||13257|
General ledger (salaries)
- How to prepare accounts receivable and accounts payable ledger postings?
- Describe Preparation accounts receivable and accounts payable ledger postings
- Prepare a ledger balance by using columnar petty cash books
- What are Petty cash books?
- Explain books of accounts
- How are contra entries done in the cash books?
- How to prepare a single column cash book?
- Define cash books and its types
- Explain the different types of books of accounts
- State the importance and features of cash books
- How are Instagram accounts hacked?
- Explain columnar petty cash books and give its format
- What is a single column cash book and explain its format?
- What are assets in accounts?
- How terminal cash flows are calculated