- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is difference between trail balance and general ledger?
The major differences between trail balance and general ledger are as follows −
It is a statement of debit and credit balances.
It is called a trail balance only.
It summarises all ledger accounts.
It may or may not contain suspense accounts.
It can’t be analyzed details.
No classification of accounts.
It is prepared on final day of accounting year.
It is account wise summary.
It is also called as principle book of accounts and book of final entry.
It summarises all journal entries.
It consists of many pages.
No suspense account.
It is analysed in detail.
It is prepared on class of accounts.
It is prepared on transaction during accounting year.
- What is difference between trail balance and adjusted trail balance?
- What is difference between general ledger and sub ledger?
- What is difference between general journal and general ledger?
- What is difference between trail balance and balance sheet?
- What is difference between consolidate balance sheet and balance sheet?
- What is the difference between Beam balance and Electronic balance?
- What is difference between balance sheet and income statement?
- Prepare vertical balance sheet for the following trail balance.
- Identify the errors and prepare the corrected trail balance.
- What is difference between cash flow statement and balance sheet?
- What is difference between fund flow statement and balance sheet?
- Difference Between Balance of Trade and Balance of Payment
- Prepare a ledger balance by using columnar petty cash books
- What is ledger in accounting?
- Distinguish between trial balance and balance sheet