- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is an earthquake? Why it come?
Earthquakes are vibrations of the Earth that result from the release of energy during the sudden rupture of the Earth.
The Earth is made of four basic layers:
1. A solid crust.
2. A hot, nearly solid mantle.
3. A liquid outer core.
4. A solid inner core.
The solid crust (the outermost layer of rock on Earth) and the top stiff layer of the mantle make up a solid outer region of the Earth called the lithosphere. The lithosphere is not a continuous piece of rocks or continuous landmass, rather it is made up of so many different rocky plates, called tectonic plates. These tectonic plates are constantly shifting as they drift around on the molten rocks, which are found just below the earth\'s crust.
This non-stop movement causes stress on Earth’s crust, and when the stress becomes too large, it leads to cracks called faults. Since the tectonic plates keep moving, when these plates collide suddenly with the fault line, it produces strong vibrations, which is commonly known as an earthquake.
The location where an earthquake begins is known as the epicenter, near which the most intense shaking of the earth is felt often. However, these vibrations are so strong that they can be felt and detected hundreds, or even thousands of miles away from the epicenter.
Causes of earthquake:-
1). The first and main cause of the earthquake is volcanic eruptions
2). Tectonic movement is another cause of the earthquake.
3). Some geological faults like the displacement of earth plates from their plane can also cause earthquakes.
Effects of earthquake:-
1). The earthquake causes a major loss to the buildings and the bridges.
2). The earthquake causes a great loss of human and animal life.
3). Floods, landslides, and Tsunamis are the resulting effect of the earthquake.
- What is the largest earthquake in the world?
- What is Methanol and why is it considered an alternative cooking fuel?
- What is CSS and why it is used?
- What is gestational diabetes? Why is it caused?
- What is HTML5 IndexedDB and why it is used?
- What is training? When and why it is needed?
- What is Selenium and why is it chosen extensively?
- What is .git folder and why is it hidden?
- What is cyber hygiene, and why is it important?
- What is data mining and why is it important
- What is Vestigial side band modulation? Why is it used?
- What is Basant/Vasant Panchami and why it is celebrated?
- What Is the Kyoto Protocol and Why Is It Important?
- What is BGP and why do we need it?
- What is SciPy and why should we use it?
- What is AMBUSH Marketing? Why is it known as surprise attack?