- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Methanol and why is it considered an alternative cooking fuel?
Methanol is a clean burning drop in fuel and can replace both petrol, and diesel in transportation and LPG, wood, kerosene in cooking fuel.
Why Is Methanol Essential?
To sustain our energy needs in the future, alternative forms of energy is the only way out. Methanol will not just mitigate the environmental hazards, but also will help households reduce their fuel costs, and thus make more savings.
How Would It Be Capitalised?
Assam Petrochemicals Ltd to roll out country’s first methanol-based cooking fuel, which will be 30% cheaper than the conventional LPG fuel. It’s cleaner, greener and easily transportable. After China and Israel already used to methanol as cooking fuel for long, this will be India’s first step towards NITI Aayog’s flagship program. We must pursue the Methanol economy.
Major Fuel Expenditure
Indian Railways consumes about 3 billion liters a year and the annual diesel bill is in excess of Rs. 15000 crores, which can be reduced by 50% through Methanol conversion program in railways.
Would It Be Cheaper?
Yes, the production cost of methanol is currently ₹22 per kg. Expansion of APL’s plant is likely to bring down the cost to ₹14 -15 per kg.
- What is CSS and why it is used?
- Why is CNG called as clean fuel?
- Why is it considered auspicious to bathe in rivers in India?
- What is HTML5 IndexedDB and why it is used?
- What is training? When and why it is needed?
- What is Selenium and why is it chosen extensively?
- What is .git folder and why is it hidden?
- What is data mining and why is it important
- What is cyber hygiene, and why is it important?
- Why is Swami Vivekananda considered an inspirational leader even today?
- What is Basant/Vasant Panchami and why it is celebrated?
- What Is the Kyoto Protocol and Why Is It Important?
- Why Lord Krishna is considered supreme god?
- Why is river Ganga considered as sacred?
- Why Dante is considered a great poet?