- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Name the scale on which the destructive energy of an earthquake is measured. An earthquake measures 3 on this scale. Would it be recorded by a seismograph? Is it likely to cause much damage?
- We have to name the scale on which the destructive energy of an earthquake is measured.
- We have to explain whether the earthquake measured 3 on this scale would be recorded by a seismograph or not.
- Also, we have to check whether this reading of earthquake is likely to cause much damage.
Let us know the name of the scale that is used for measuring the destructive energy of an earthquake and check whether the earthquake of magnitude 3 is recorded or not on a seismograph and the damage caused by it.
Richter Scale is used to measure the destructive energy of an earthquake.
Earthquakes of magnitude 3 on the scale:
An earthquake with a magnitude of 3 will be recorded by a seismograph because this scale has readings from 1 to 10.
Damage caused by an earthquake:
The magnitude of the earthquake is 3 on the Richter scale. It can't cause much damage as this value is below 5. Earthquakes of magnitude higher than 5 are considered destructive in nature.
- What is the largest earthquake in the world?
- How to zoom/scale an element on hover with CSS?
- Making an image scale mouse over on HTM5 <canvas>
- Check if item can be measured using a scale and some weights in Python
- How to visualize values on logarithmic scale on matplotalib?
- Fill the area under a curve in Matplotlib python on log scale
- C++ program to find order of loading golds on weight scale without exploding it
- How to change the scale of an existing table in Matplotlib?
- The CSS scale() Function
- What is a musical scale?
- OpenCV Java example to scale an image.
- How to set the scale factor (border) of an Ellipse using FabricJS?
- How to set the vertical scale factor of an Ellipse using FabricJS?
- How to scale down an image with CSS to make it responsive
- Return evenly spaced numbers on a log scale and set the base in Numpy
- Assume, today is your last day on this earth. How would you like to spend it?