- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What could be the list of events that could be conducted in college on the occasion of National Science Day?
National Science Day is celebrated in India on 28 February each year to mark the discovery of the Raman effect by Indian physicist Sir Chandrasekhar Venkata Raman on 28 February 1928.
Many schools and colleges across India celebrate National Science Day by organizing various competitions and activities. Some of the events that could be organised on National Science Day are:
Speech and Debate Competition
Science and Technology interests one and all. One can hold a debate competition on latest topics such as human cloning, effects of technology and surely many students will find it interesting enough.
Essay and Paragraph Writing Competition
Vocal skills will be tested by debates, but not all students will be good in vocal skills. For them, something should be conducted so that even their written skills are tested. This can be done through essay and paragraph writing competition.
Poster Making Competition
Some of the students might not be good at writing or speaking, but they would be good at drawing and craft. For them, a poster making competition can be held.
Certain theme based projects could be undertaken by students depending upon the guidelines of an instructor.
Quizzes are an interesting way to increase the knowledge of students through a competition. Different teams can participate and enhance their knowledge. The names of the teams can be Newton, Einstein etc.
There could be a competition wherein students have to build science models based on natural and processed materials. This will help them realize the value of ‘Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.’
Science Exhibitions or Science Fairs
Each class can contribute a show of display with hands-on activities demonstrating various scientific investigations.
These are some of the brilliant ideas for events that can be held on National Science Day.
- What could be some easy exercises that could be done sitting on a chair in office?
- What could be the concept of happiness?
- What could be the reasons for adopting contraceptive methods?
- A feather floats on water while stone sink in it. What could be the reason?
- There are ten tubewells in a lane of fifty houses. What could be the long-term impact on the water table?
- Match the objects given below with the materials from which they could be made. Remember, an object could be made from more than one material and a given material could be used for making many objects.
- Name any three forms of energy which could be harnessed from the sea.
- Which type of mirror could be used as a dentist's mirror?
- List any two factors that could lead to speciation.
- Which group of elements could be placed in Mendeleev’s periodic table later on, without disturbing the original order? Give reason.
- How soil pollution and soil erosion could be prevented?
- In humans, the stage at which all the body parts of the embryo could be recognized is called-
- How the nokia 3310 could still be relevant in todays 4g smartphone era
- Maximum Number of Events That Can Be Attended in C++
- How Nokia 3310 could still be relevant in today’s Smartphone Era?