- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
There are ten tubewells in a lane of fifty houses. What could be the long-term impact on the water table?
The effect on the water table depends on the replenishment of underground water. If there are ten tubewells in a lane of fifty houses then only five families will share a tubewell, the water used for daily domestic purposes will not affect the water table. But if there is a shortage of rains, the water used by the family will not be replenished and the water table will fall down.
[Extra information: As the name suggests, groundwater is the water present under the ground that is below the Earth's surface. It is cheaper than surface water, more convenient, and less prone to contamination. It is the only form of water that is suitable for drinking. By drilling or digging a well or by pumping, groundwater can be procured. But overpumping lowers the level of water and increases the soil's salinity. The water table is the upper surface of the ground that is filled with water. Overpopulation, increased Industrialisation, and Deforestation is primarily responsible for water scarcity.]
- Related Articles
- A feather floats on water while stone sink in it. What could be the reason?
- What are the long-term deleterious effects of childhood obesity?
- What could be the list of events that could be conducted in college on the occasion of National Science Day?
- What could be some easy exercises that could be done sitting on a chair in office?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology?
- What are the differences between short-term and long-term finance functions or decisions?
- What could be the concept of happiness?
- Are media houses working on the news only for TRPs?
- In the modern periodic table, which are the metals among the first ten elements?
- There are five animals P, Q, R, S and T. The animal P always lives in water and has gills for breathing. The animal Q can stay in water as well as on land and can breathe both, through moist skin and lungs. The animal R lives in soil and breathes only through its skin. The animal S lives on land and breathes through spiracles and tracheae. And animal T lives in water and breathes through its cell membrane.(a) Which of the animals could be Amoeba ? (b) Which of the animals could be frog ?(c) Which animal could be fish ?(d) Which animal could be grasshopper ?(e) Which animal could be earthworm ?
- The houses in a row numbered consecutively from 1 to 49. Show that there exists a value of X such that sum of numbers of houses preceding the house numbered X is equal to sum of the numbers of houses following X.
- What is the best cryptocurrency to invest in for long term?
- What are Long term financial requirements or fixed capital requirement in finance?
- The houses of a row are numbered consecutively from 1 to 49. Show that there is value of $x$ such that the sum of the numbers of the houses preceding the house numbered $x$ is equal to the sum of the numbers of the houses following it. Find this value of $x$.
- Differentiate between the long-term, short-term, and medium-term schedulers.