- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which type of mirror could be used as a dentist's mirror?
A concave mirror could be used as a dentist's mirror as it produces a magnified image of a tooth.
A dentist uses a convex mirror because it forms a magnified or enlarged image of an object when it is held within the focus of a concave mirror.
A concave mirror is a mirror that is curved inward in the middle. It is also known as converging mirrors, due to the fact that when parallel incident rays fall on the surface of the mirror, the rays will reflect and meet at a particular point and form the
image. Depending on the position of the object with respect to the mirror, the types of images it forms are real, inverted as well as virtual and erect image, also the size of the images formed are magnified, diminished as well as the same size as that of the object.
- Related Articles
- What type of mirror should be used:(a) as a shaving mirror?(b) as a shop security mirror?
- What type of mirror is used as a side mirror in a scooter? Why is this type of mirror chosen?
- Which type or mirror is usually used as a rear-view mirror in motor cars?
- A concave mirror cannot be used as:(a) a magnifying mirror (b) a torch reflector (c) a dentist's mirror (d) a real view mirror
- The shiny outer surface of a hollow sphere of aluminium of radius 50 cm is to be used as a mirror:(a) What will be the focal length of this mirror?(b) Which type of spherical mirror will it provide?(c) State whether this spherical mirror will perge or converge light rays.
- Which type of mirror can form a real image?
- Which type of mirror is used in a solar furnace? Support your answer with reason.
- A ___________ mirror is used as a head mirror by the doctors to concentrate light on the body parts to be examined.
- Name the spherical mirror used as:(a) Shaving mirror (b) Rear view mirror in vehicles (c) Reflector in search-lights
- Which of the following can be used to form a real image?$(a)$. Concave mirror only.$(b)$. Plane mirror only.$(c)$. Convex mirror only.$(d)$. Both concave and convex mirrors.
- State whether the following statement is true or false:A perging mirror is used as a rear-view mirror.
- Name the type of mirror used by dentists. How does it help?
- Which of the following can make a parallel beam of light when light from a bulb falls on it?(a) concave mirror as well as concave lens (b) convex mirror as well as convex lens(c) concave mirror as well as convex lens (d) convex mirror as well as concave lens
- An object 20 cm from a spherical mirror gives rise to a virtual image 15 cm behind the mirror. Determine the magnification of the image and the type of mirror used.
- What type of image/images are formed by:(a) a convex mirror?(b) a concave mirror?