- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the functions of Network Management?
Network Management involves monitoring and controlling a network system so that it can operate properly without downtime. So, the function performed by a network management system are categorised as follows −
Fault management is the procedure of technology used to manage the administrator who prevents faults within a networked system so that the availability of downtime is reduced by identifying, isolating and fixing any malfunctions that occur. It can support active and passive components to disavow fault.
It refers to the process of initially configuring a network and then adjusting it in response to changing networks requirements. This function is important because improper configuration may cause the network to work suboptimal or may not work at all.
The configuration involves the parameters at the network interface like IP address, DHCP, DNS, server address etc.
Network management is the procedure of maintaining and organizing the active and passive network elements. It will support the services to maintain network elements and network performance monitoring and management.
It recognises the fault, Investigate, Troubleshoot, Configuration Management and OS changes to fulfil all the user requirements. It allows computers in a network to communicate with each other, control networks and allow troubleshooting or performance enhancements.
Data logging and report
Data logs record all the records and interactions that pass through a specific point in a system, between keyboard and display. If any system failure appears, the administrator can go to the log and view what might have created it.
Accounting management of network resources
To keep a record of usage of network resources known as accounting management. Like to examine and to determine how to better allocate resources. One might examine the type of traffic or level of traffic at a particular port.
It can also monitor activities of users about password & user id and authentication for the usage of resources.
It involves monitoring network utilization, end to end response time & performance of resources at various points in a network. For example, to keep track of switched interfaces in an Ethernet.
It refers to the process of providing security on network and network resources. It involves managing the security services on a resource by using access control, authentication, confidentiality, integrity and non-repudiation.
- What are the functions of Network Layer?
- What are the functions of network address translation?
- What is Network Management?
- Functions of the Network Layer
- What are the Purposes of Performance Management?
- What are the Components of Performance Management?
- What are the services of Query Management?
- What are the advantages of Information Management Security?
- What are the disadvantages of Information Management Security?
- What are the services of Network Security in Computer Network?
- What are the goals of Computer Network?
- What are the Uses of Computer Network?
- What are the components of trusted Network?
- What are the types of Finance Functions?
- What are the various Functions of Marketing?