- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What Is Network Security Management in information security?
Network security management is the study of managing firewalls and policies to secure the network and is best completed through a centralized solution. Network security management includes several rules and processes adopted by network administrators to provide that unauthorized users do not obtain access.
Security contains a host of policies that limit access. The process creates the network secure and protects and manages network services. The essential form of network security supports users the ability to distribute a password or ID to individuals to support access.
Network administrators control and should decide the users who can access network data. These users are supported a password or login ID to access data and programs in their control. Networks can be set as both private and open to the public based on the network requirement. Network security also encompasses a broad area of both public and private networks that are used in multiple tasks, including at the job site for communications and business transactions.
The process starts with authentication, which generally contains a username and password. A fast authentication process, including authenticating a username or password, is generally defined as one-factor authentication. A two-factor authentication process generally defines an item that users keep, including a security device, token, card or phone. The final categorization, the three-factor authentication, includes a procedure such as fingerprint or retina scan.
A network administrator should determine the network security management requirement. Small businesses require only a standard security system while a high business or enterprise can require more security resources to stop unauthorized users or attacks.
Small businesses generally need a standard firewall and a basic system for threat management. Standard anti-virus software or anti-spyware program is also a best investment for small business networks. Administrators should also need a powerful password and the largest security settings provided by wireless devices. Small business owners must consider changing the network’s default SSID name and disabling the SSID broadcast function because home users tend to not use this function.
A government network security system should include a powerful proxy and firewall to avoid unauthorized access from both inside and outside. This network system should include very strong anti-virus software and encryption.
Moreover, administrators should ensure that hardware is saved in areas that are secure. For government networks, users should implement a private network that is particularly for network hosts, to keep that private network unseen from multiple users. Government systems should also include web servers that are present in a DMZ and secure wireless range.
- Related Articles
- What is Security Management in Information Security?
- What is Security Metrics Management in information security?
- What is the importance of Security Information Management in information security?
- What is Management Information System in information security?
- What is Risk Management in Information Security?
- What is Key Management in Information Security?
- How does Security Information Management Works in information security?
- Information Security Management Principles
- What is Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)?
- What is Physical Security in information security?
- What is Database Security in information security?
- What is Security Model in information security?
- What is Mobile Database Security in information security?
- What are the advantages of Information Management Security?
- What are the disadvantages of Information Management Security?