- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the functions of Collenchyma?
The functions of Collenchyma are as follows:
a. Collenchyma provides mechanical support to the primary plant parts such as young stem, roots, and leaves.
b. Collenchyma is more flexible than sclerenchyma, thus it can provide tensile strength and flexibility to plant parts.
c. Collenchyma permits the elongation and growth of plant parts.
d. Collenchyma with chloroplast can perform photosynthesis.
- Related Articles
- What are the main features of collenchyma tissue?
- What are the functions of Mitochondria?
- What are the exact and the correct in location of parenchyma,collenchyma and sclerenchyma tissues?
- What are the types of Finance Functions?
- What are the functions of Network Management?
- What are the functions of Network Layer?
- What are the various Functions of Marketing?
- What are the Functions of Organizational Communication?
- What are the functions of the operating system?
- What are the Functions of the Secondary Market?
- What are the functions of Treasurers and Controllers?
- What are the functions of network address translation?
- What are the major functions of capital markets?
- What are the functions of Public key Cryptography?
- What are the Functions of a Merchant Banker?