- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between .com and .org domain?
Domain names will always have an extension. It is also called a TLD (Top Level Domain).
Given below are some of the examples .com, .net and .org domain:
myworld.com (.com used for Commercial for-profit websites)
myworld.net (.net used for Network-related domains)
myworld.org (.org used for Non-profit organizations)
When we are making websites we can choose from a wide range of domain extensions.
The extensions are originally created for different types of websites each having specific meanings. We have to choose a domain name extension which fits your business while helping you build a recognizable brand in your industry.
We use .com domain name because the .com domain name indicates a commercial site. .com is used for business websites, websites that want to make money online, personal websites, blogs, etc.
It’s much easier for people to remember a .com domain name than any other domain extension. Also, most mobile keyboards have a dedicated .com button then the .com domain names are very popular for this reason.
If you are registered your website domain name as mywebblog.com and running your business through this platform but there is a chance that any other create the identical website like mywebblog.net or .co.uk or .biz etc for that it is necessary to register your domain using multiple domains.
The .org is a top-level domain called as “organization” and is mainly used for non profit business like charities, NGOs, open source projects, and educational platforms. It was established in 1985, and it is stronger and more credible than newer alternatives.
This domain extension is created for organizations which do not match the intent of any other domains available at the time: not commercial, not in networking, not a university, not government and not military.
Now-a-days for the profit, businesses are legally allowed to purchase and use .org domains. Any business using an .org domain is inherently perceived as a non-profit organization, and the failure to clearly disclose the for-profit nature of your company could result in serious backlash.
The major differences between .com and .org domain are as follows −
|.com is used for commercial for profit websites.||.org is used for non-profit organization.|
|.com is popular domain and most used one when compared to .org and .net||.org is less popular when compared to .com|
|.com is costlier when compared to .org and .net.||.org is less costly because it is non-profitable.|
|The .com is derived from the word commercial.||The .org is derived from the word organization.|
|Example: myworld.com||Example: myworld.org|
- What are the differences between .net and .org domain?
- Differentiate between .com, .net and .org domains.
- What are the differences between .com and .net domains?
- Difference between COM and DCOM
- What are the differences between C++ and Java?
- What are the differences between C and Java?
- What are the differences between holography and photography?
- What are the differences between lodash and underscore?
- What are the differences between solvency and liquidity?
- What are the differences between IPO and FPO?
- What are the differences between Flutter and Xamarin?
- What are the differences between Telegram and WhatsApp?
- What are the differences between FDMA and CDMA?
- What are the differences between Antivirus and Antispyware?
- What are the differences between Fastag and Barcode?