- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between .com and .net domains?
Domain names will always have an extension. It is also called a TLD (Top Level Domain).
Given below are some of the examples .com, .net and .org domain:
myworld.com (.com used for Commercial for-profit websites)
myworld.net (.net used for Network-related domains)
myworld.org (.org used for Non-profit organizations)
When we are making websites we can choose from a wide range of domain extensions.
The extensions are originally created for different types of websites each having specific meanings. We have to choose a domain name extension which fits your business while helping you build a recognizable brand in your industry.
We use .com domain name because the .com domain name indicates a commercial site. .com is used for business websites, websites that want to make money online, personal websites, blogs, etc.
It’s much easier for people to remember a .com domain name than any other domain extension. Also, most mobile keyboards have a dedicated .com button then the .com domain names are very popular for this reason.
If you are registered your website domain name as mywebblog.com and running your business through this platform but there is a chance that any other create the identical website like mywebblog.net or .co.uk or .biz etc for that it is necessary to register your domain using multiple domains.
The .net domain is the second most popular extension. It is an alternative to .com when we try to buy a domain name which is already in use. It’s estimated that around 4% of all global registered domains use this extension. The .net domain name extension stands for “network” and is used by umbrella websites acting as a portal for smaller sites.
The major differences between the most popular .com vs .net domain extensions are as follows −
|.com is used for commercial for profit websites.||.net is used for networking companies|
|.com is popular domain and most used one when compared to .org and .net||.net is less popular when compared to .net.|
|.com is costlier when compared to .org and .net.||.net is less costly because it is only used for networking service,|
|The .com is derived from the word commercial.||The .net is derived from the word networking|
|Example: myworld.com||Example: myworld.net|
- Related Articles
- Differentiate between .com, .net and .org domains.
- What are the differences between .com and .org domain?
- What are the differences between .net and .org domain?
- Difference between COM and DCOM
- What are the major domains of the earth?
- What are the differences between C++ and Java?
- What are the differences between C and Java?
- What are the differences between holography and photography?
- What are the differences between lodash and underscore?
- What are the differences between solvency and liquidity?
- What are the differences between IPO and FPO?
- What are the differences between Flutter and Xamarin?
- What are the differences between Telegram and WhatsApp?
- What are the differences between FDMA and CDMA?
- What are the differences between Antivirus and Antispyware?