- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are some unique ways to build your network if you work remotely?
Earlier, it was tough that the person who works remotely cannot socialize at all! Neither would his network be broad. It would actually be in the limited domain. However, a person who does not work as a permanent employee does not mean can not have a wide network of acquaintance. He too can have a lot of connections if he takes care of the followings:
Make Less But Real Relationship
In a remote working situation, the interactions require greater effort than the employees who are not the virtual employees. In such circumstances, it is important to make real and genuine relationships. This is possible by being available always and at all possible times the boss pings. It can also be made possible by maintaining relations with other employees of the company by exchanging gifts on festivals and by exchanging greetings one every now and then.
Not So Tough As You Suppose
All this is not difficult to maintain. Using the world of technology, one can get the most benefit. Google Hangouts, WhatsApp calling feature, Skype allow one to have face to face interaction as if the person is available there itself.
I remember one of my friends being removed from the job for just not picking up his boss's call at urgent times. Nowadays, flattering has become the key to many endeavors. Hence, you might not completely devote yourself to woo others but you must make yourself available to volunteer at office events and socializing activities.
Use Linked In
If the network building has to be done with people from outside the company, it can be done through Linked In. It is one of the best ways to socialize intelligently in order to know more people who may prove to be beneficial for you in near future.
- What are some interesting bedtime stories you would like to tell your kids?
- What will be the consequences if you hide some secrets from your parents?
- What are some good ways to relieve holiday stress?
- What are your values? What do you represent? What do you want to embody?
- How will you inspire your team if you are the Head of Marketing?
- What secrets are you hiding from your parents?
- Build Your Own Botnet
- What are some of the thought-provoking incidents occurred in your life and made you way more mature than you were?
- What are the best ways to turn on your man in bed?
- The Statement of Work (SOW): Saves You and Your Project
- How do you know if your kids are lying or telling truth?
- What are the responsibilities you have for your old parents?
- What are the basic responsibilities you have for your neighbours?
- What are the things you should never tell your girlfriend?
- What are the basic responsibilities you have for your country?