SAP Fiori - Extension
SAP Fiori Apps can be extended by changing one or multiple content layers and it depends on the requirement of extension and Application type.
SAP Fiori steps for Extensibility of Transactional Apps
Steps related to ABAP Back End BAdi Enhancement
- Implement Back-end BAdis
- Add fields in extension includes of OData DDIC structure
- Create new OData project that redefines standard OData project
Steps related to UI Development
- Download standard App from ABAP Gateway
- Create Custom UI Application
- Implement Extensions
- Configure OData URL of new OData service
- Build and Test on local Fiori Launchpad
- Upload Custom app to ABAP Gateway Server
Steps related to ABAP Gateway Server
Standard App running in Fiori Launchpad
Register the new service
Configure custom app in Fiori Launchpad
All these steps are linked to each other and below table defines if there is a need to extend a particular layer.
To extend a SAP Fiori Application, the skills and tools required are given below.