- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is sewage? Explain why it is harmful to discharge untreated sewage into rivers or seas.
Sewage is a liquid containing wastes that is disposed of by households, industrial and agricultural activities in the water.
It is harmful to discharge untreated sewage into rivers or seas because it can pollute the whole source of water. Sewage contains harmful substances and disease-causing organisms. It is, therefore, dangerous to release untreated sewage into the water.
[Extra information: Water cleaning is the process of eliminating all undesirable elements from water, like biological contaminants, dust, pollutants, dirt, etc.
Wastewater: Water from the kitchen used for washing dishes, etc. is known as wastewater.
Sewage: Wastewater released from homes, industries, hospitals and other public buildings is known as sewage. Sewage is the part of wastewater that is contaminated with feces or urine. These are carried off by sewers. There is an intricate system of sewers presents everywhere known as the sewer system.The process of wastewater treatment is known as sewage treatment.]
- Related Articles
- What is sewage? How is sewage disposed of?
- What is sewage?
- When domestic sewage/fertilizers is released into the rivers, the growth of algae and bacteria ispromoted not affectedinhibitednone of these
- Which of the following disease cannot be caused by drinking of river water contaminated with untreated sewage?choleratyphoidtuberculosisdiarrhea
- Explain why bases are harmful because soap is also a base and we take bath from it then how it is harmful?
- Why is it considered auspicious to bathe in rivers in India?
- Why mercury used is in thermometers if it is harmful to humans?
- Untreated human excreta is a health hazard. Explain.
- Name two inorganic impurities present in sewage.
- Difference between Sewage Pump and Sump Pump
- Name two alternative arrangements for sewage disposal where there is no sewerage system.
- Explain in what way noise pollution is harmful to human.
- The terms sewage, sewers and sewerage are interlinked with each other. Can you explain, how?
- What is junk food and how is it harmful to our health?
- Why is acid harmful for us?