- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can you as an individual contribute or make a difference to the management of (a) forests and wildlife, (b) water resources, and (c) coal and petroleum?
An individual can make a contribution towards:
(a) Forests and wildlife: By encouraging afforestation and stopping deforestation, strongly protesting the poaching of wild animals, and stopping the conversion of forest land for urbanization and industrialization.
(b) water resources: By avoiding the discharge of sewage and other religious articles or substances into the rivers or other water resources. By promoting rainwater harvesting. By closing the water outlet when not in use and avoiding the wastage of water.
(c) coal and petroleum: By using a bicycle for traveling short distances. By stopping the usage of coal as fuel and by using alternative sources of non-renewable sources of energy like solar energy and hydro energy.
- Related Articles
- The Bishnoi community of Rajasthan is associated with the conservation of:(a) coal and petroleum (b) forests and wildlife (c) water resources (d) abiotic environment
- Classify the following as exhaustible and inexhaustible natural resources- air, sunlight, water, forests, wildlife, coal.
- Fill in the blanks.(a) Coal is one of the………….used to cook food.(b) When heated in air, coal burns and produces mainly ……….gas.(c) Coal tar is a black, thick ……….with an …………. smell.(d) Petroleum, ………….. and ……….. are fossil fuels.(e) Forests and coal are ……….. natural resources.
- What can you as an individual do to reduce your consumption of the various natural resources?
- (a) Name the major industries which are based on forest produce.(b) State the main aim of the management of forests and wildlife.(c) Name the four main stakeholders in the management of forest resources.
- Why are coal and petroleum categorized as natural resources? Given a reason as to why they should be used judiciously.
- Can we make coal and petroleum in the laboratory from dead organisms?
- Write a note on how forests influence the quality of our air, soil and water resources.
- You are provided with a mixture of petroleum and water. Can you suggest a method to separate the two?
- How long are the energy resources of the earth like coal, petroleum and natural gas expected to last?
- Some natural resources are given below. Classify them into the exhaustible and inexhaustible natural resources.Air, coal, natural gas, sunlight, petroleum, minerals, forests, oxygen
- Why should we conserve forests and wildlife?
- Why are coal and petroleum known as fossil fuels?
- As an individual, what methods can we use to save water?
- Incomplete combustion of coal and petroleum :(A) increases air pollution.(B) increases efficiency of machines.(C) reduces global warming.(D) produce poisonous gases. The correct option is :(a) (A) and (B) (b) (A) and (D) (c) (B) and (C) (d) (C) and (D)