- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Distinguish between magnetic and non-magnetic substances.
|Magnetic Substances||Non-magnetic Substances|
1. Magnetic materials are materials that a magnet will attract to itself when placed near a magnet (or when placed in its field).
For example- iron, cobalt and nickel.
1. Non-magnetic materials that will not experience any magnetic force when placed near a magnet, in other words, it will not be attracted to the magnet.
For example- plastics, rubber, wood and other materials.
2. The magnetic state of magnetic materials are aligned either parallel or antiparallel arrangements hence they can respond to a magnetic field when they are under the influence of an external magnetic field.
2. The magnetic state of non-magnetic materials are arranged in a random manner in such a way that the magnetic movements of these domains are cancelled out. Hence, they do not respond to a magnetic field.
3. Magnetic materials are used to make permanent magnets, as it can be magnetised by a magnet.
3. Non-magnetic materials can never be magnetised by a magnet therefore, it can never become a magnetised material.
- Related Articles
- Distinguish between combustible and non-combustible substances.
- Difference between Magnetic Tape and Magnetic Disk
- Difference between Hard Magnetic Material and Soft Magnetic Material
- Magnetic Circuit – Series and Parallel Magnetic Circuit
- Difference between Magnetic Disk and Optical Disk
- Difference between Electric Circuit and Magnetic Circuit
- Difference between Electric Field and Magnetic Field
- Difference between CD-ROM and Magnetic Disks
- Distinguish between Metal and Non-metal?
- Stone is called a non-magnetic, material but lodestone being a stone called a magnetic material? Why?
- Distinguish between biodegradable and non-biodegradable wastes.
- Explain Magnetic Force.
- Absolute and Relative Magnetic Permeability (µ)
- Magnetism, Electromagnetism & Magnetic Materials
- What are Magnetic Disks?