- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Men's Clothing: categories
In the present world, it is undoubtedly true that human beings are identified by their style of clothing. In addition to this, men, women, children, and even kids identify themselves through their way of dressing. Likewise, clothing has two-way identification, first one, individuals themselves give their identity through their dressing style; on the other hand, other people judge an individual based on his or her dressing sense. In essence, clothing has significant importance for everyone, men, women, children, and kids. So, in this article, we will discuss the different categories of menswear.
Major Categories of Menswear Clothing
Every man does not have the same clothing choices as another; some men always prefer to wear formal dresses, some men prefer casual dresses, and some men (sport lovers – either sport’s person or spectators) prefer to wear sports dresses. So, wearing dresses is a completely personal choice. School-aged boys, for example, have modern choices; college-aged boys are experimental in nature; they design their own fashion as well as follow new fashion trends; working men have largely formal and casual wearing options; and older people have largely ethnic/traditional and casual wearing options. Furthermore, men not only pay attention to the type of dress they wear but also pay attention to the way they wear it on a daily basis or on an occasion basis.
Though there are more than a hundred types of dresses, but some of the most significant categories in menswear are −
- Formal Wear Clothing − It is the type of dress which is worn while going to the office, meeting, seminar, presentation, or at any such formal occasion. For example, shirts, pants, trousers, suits, ties, belts, leather shoes, etc.
- Ethnic Wear Clothing − It is the type of men’s clothing that is usually worn on special occasions such as someone’s marriage or even their own marriage, some festivals, on an anniversary, etc. Examples of such dresses are designer kurtas, pyjamas, sherwanis, churidars, dhotis, etc.
- Western Wear Clothing − Though, there is hardly a difference between western wear clothing and formal wear clothing, both are almost the same. However, some specially designed western clothing is worn, especially at parties and casual meetings with friends and colleagues. Examples of such dress are, suits, trousers, shirts, jackets, etc.
- Casual Wear Clothing − This is the type of clothing worn at home or while going out for local shopping, playing, or taking a night walk. So, casual wear is for leisure time and (informal) occasion dressing. For example, T-shirts, designers’ shirts, jeans, cargo, shorts, lowers, etc.
- Sportswear Clothing − It is the type of clothing that is worn while playing any sort of sport, such as football, basketball, cricket, hockey, athletic games, or any other such sport. In addition to this, such dresses are also worn on casual occasions, such as while walking, while travelling, while watching a game or sport, or even simply when relaxing at home. Examples are sports T-shirts, lowers, etc.
- Outerwear Clothing − This is the type of clothing that is worn over previously worn dresses, usually in the winter. Examples of such dresses are, Jackets, overcoats, raincoats, robes, etc.
In the menswear category, there are dozens of varieties that men prefer to wear. Some are leisure dresses that can be worn anytime and anywhere, such as while sitting at home, going for a walk, traveling, and so on, but such dresses are not appropriate for men to wear to the office or for any other official purpose. Others are formal dresses, which are worn in the office and business meetings; ethnic wear clothing is worn on some special occasions; and sportswear clothing is worn not only while playing sports but also on some leisure occasions. Likewise, each category of menswear has some defined purpose and occasion to wear.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started