- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to use different markers for different points in a Pylab scatter plot(Matplotlib)?
63 Lectures 6 hours
To use different markers for different points in a Pylab (Pyplot) scatter plot, we can use the following steps −
- Set the figure size and adjust the padding between and around the subplots.
- Initialize a variable, N, for number of sample data.
- Create x and y random data points.
- Make a list of markers.
- Zip the x, y and markers.
- Iterate the zipper objects and plot the data points with different markers.
- To display the figure, use show() method.
import numpy as np from matplotlib import pyplot as plt plt.rcParams["figure.figsize"] = [7.50, 3.50] plt.rcParams["figure.autolayout"] = True N = 10 x = np.random.rand(N) y = np.random.rand(N) markers = ["d", "v", "s", "*", "^", "d", "v", "s", "*", "^"] for xp, yp, m in zip(x, y, markers): plt.scatter(xp, yp, marker=m, s=50) plt.show()
- Plot scatter points using plot method in Matplotlib
- Plot different colors for different categorical levels using matplotlib
- Plot scatter points on polar axis in Matplotlib
- How to plot additional points on the top of a scatter plot in Matplotlib?
- How to plot with different scales in Matplotlib?
- How to plot scatter points in a 3D figure with a colorbar in Matplotlib?
- How to plot scatter points with increasing size of marker in Matplotlib?
- How to animate a scatter plot in Matplotlib?
- Plot scatter points on 3d plot without axes and grids in Matplotlib
- How to make a discrete colorbar for a scatter plot in matplotlib?
- How to specify different colors for different bars in a Python matplotlib histogram?
- Connecting two points on a 3D scatter plot in Python and Matplotlib
- How to draw an average line for a scatter plot in MatPlotLib?
- How to create custom markers on a plot in Matplotlib
- How to plot a pcolor colorbar in a different subplot in Matplotlib?