- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to remove the axis tick marks on a Seaborn heatmap?
63 Lectures 6 hours
To remove the axis tick marks on a Seaborn heatmap, we can take the following steps
Set the figure size and adjust the padding between and around the subplots.
Create random data points with 4×4 dimension.
Plot the rectangular data as a color-encoded matrix.
Use tick_params() for changing the appearance of ticks and tick labels. Use left=false and bottom=false to remove the tick marks.
To display the figure, use Show() method.
import numpy as np import seaborn as sns from matplotlib import pyplot as plt plt.rcParams["figure.figsize"] = [7.00, 3.50] plt.rcParams["figure.autolayout"] = True data = np.random.rand(4, 4) ax = sns.heatmap(data, vmax=1) ax.tick_params(left=False, bottom=False) plt.show()
It will display the following Output −
- How to remove the tick marks in JavaFX XY charts?
- How to remove X or Y labels from a Seaborn heatmap?
- How to set the Y-axis tick marks using ggplot2 in R?
- How to turn off the upper/right axis tick marks in Matplotlib?
- Turn off the left/bottom axis tick marks in Matplotlib
- How to hide the colorbar of a Seaborn heatmap?
- How to create a plot with tick marks between X-axis labels in base R?
- How to annotate each cell of a heatmap in Seaborn?
- How to animate a Seaborn heatmap or correlation matrix(Matplotlib)?
- Adding units to heatmap annotation in Seaborn
- Centering x-tick labels between tick marks in Matplotlib
- How to make custom grid lines in Seaborn heatmap?
- How to understand Seaborn's heatmap annotation format?
- How to make a heatmap square in Seaborn FacetGrid using Matplotlib?
- How to make longer subplot tick marks in Matplotlib?