- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to find out the PLANS which will be impacted if a index is dropped?
A DB2 PLAN contains all the SQL statements in executable form. To execute any COBOL-DB2 program we need to provide its corresponding PLAN. The DB2 optimizer will evaluate the access path for the SQLs present in the PLAN to fetch the result for the COBOL-DB2 program. The SQLs in PLAN may use a number of indexes. Indexes facilitate the table search based on a key value and speed up the query processing time.
If any of the index is dropped, it may negatively impact the PLANS which contain the SQLs using that dropped index. Therefore, as part of impact analysis, it is very necessary to find out the PLANS which will be impacted if any index is dropped.
There is a DB2 system table SYSPLANDEP. This table stores the dependencies of a plan on other DB2 objects. We can use the below SQL query on this table to find out all the impacted plans if any index is dropped.
SELECT BNAME, DNAME FROM SYSIBM.SYSPLANDEP WHERE BTYPE = ‘I’ AND BNAME = ‘’
The column BNAME indicates the name of Index and DNAME indicates name of the plan. BTYPE is the DB2 object type. It is ‘I’ for index, ‘V’ for views, ‘A’ for alias, etc.
- How will you find out all the indexes which are built in a particular DB2 table?
- C++ code to find out which number can be greater
- C++ code to find out if everyone will get ice cream
- How to find out if a Python object is a string?
- Find the index which is the last to be reduced to zero after performing a given operation in Python
- How will be the world if currency(money) is removed from our lives?
- Python Program to find out the number of rooms in which a prize can be hidden
- How to find out if your teenager is addicted to drugs?
- Which MySQL function can be used to find out the length of the string in bits?
- C++ code to find out if a grid is fully accessible
- What will be the result if SQLCA is not included in a COBOL-DB2 program?
- Python Program to find out how many times the balls will collide in a circular tube