- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to find out if a Python object is a string?
For Python 2.x
To check if an object obj is a string type or a subclass of a string type −
because both str and unicode are subclasses of basestring.
To check if obj is an instance of str or any subclass of str −
To check if obj is an instance of unicode string −
For Python 3.x, just
works for both str and unicode strings.
- How do we find out if first character of a string is a number in java?
- How to find if a string is a palindrome using Java?
- C++ code to find out if a grid is fully accessible
- Program to find out if a BST is present in a given binary tree in Python
- C++ Program to find out if there is a pattern in a grid
- Program to Find Out if There is a Short Circuit in Input Words in Python
- Program to Find Out if an Edge is a Part of a Minimum Spanning Tree in Python
- Program to find out if a linked list is present in a given binary tree in Python
- C++ code to find out if a name is male or female
- How to check if a string is alphanumeric in Python?
- Program to find out if we win in a game in Python
- How to check if a string is a valid keyword in Python?
- Python - Check if a variable is string
- How to find out if your teenager is addicted to drugs?