- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do I open a website in a Tkinter window?
Tkinter offers many built-in functions and methods that contain several utility functions to help us construct a user-friendly application. In tkinter, if you want to open a webpage, you can use the built-in Python library, webview, which allows the users to view the HTML content in its own native GUI window. You can install the webview library by using the following command −
pip install pywebview
To create a window that will open the requested HTML content, you have to first create a window container by using the create_window(win_title, 'URL') method and specify the URL in the method. This will create a new window that will open the requested URL and display the content
The following example demonstrates how you can open a webpage in a Tkinter GUI window.
# Import the required libraries from tkinter import * import webview # Create an instance of tkinter frame or window win = Tk() # Set the size of the window win.geometry("700x350") # Create a GUI window to view the HTML content webview.create_window('tutorialspoint', 'https://www.tutorialspoint.com') webview.start()
Running the above code will display the request URL web content in the tkinter window.
- How do I close a tkinter window?
- How do I create a popup window in Tkinter?
- How do I create a popup window using Tkinter?
- How do I set a minimum window size in Tkinter?
- How do I create a popup window using Tkinter Program?
- How do I position the buttons on a Tkinter window?
- How to specify where a Tkinter window should open?
- How do I insert a JPEG image into a Python Tkinter window?
- How do I get the width and height of a Tkinter window?
- How do I handle the window close event in Tkinter?
- How do I use Window Manager (wm) attributes in Tkinter?
- How can I control Chromedriver open window size?
- How do I get rid of the Python Tkinter root window?
- How to open a new window by the user pressing a button in a tkinter GUI?
- How do I create a date picker in tkinter?