- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do I use Window Manager (wm) attributes in Tkinter?
The Window Manager is a toolkit available in Tcl/Tk that can be accessed with the command 'wm'. The 'wm' command allows you to set the appearance and geometry of the Tkinter window. We can control the title, color, size, and other attributes with this command. The 'wm' command has numerous keywords that can be used to modify its property.
# Import the required library from tkinter import * from tkinter import ttk from tkinter import messagebox # Create an instance of tkinter frame win=Tk() # Set the geometry win.geometry("700x350") Label(win, text="This window is disabled.", font=("Calibri, 24")).pack() # Makes the window topmost win.wm_attributes('-topmost', True) # Makes the window transparent win.wm_attributes('-alpha', 0.9) # Disable the window win.wm_attributes('-disabled', True) # Set the geometry of the window win.wm_geometry('700x350') win.mainloop()
If you run the above code, it will display a topmost transparent window that you cannot interact with, as the window is disabled using the wm attribute "-disabled".
- How do I close a tkinter window?
- How do I create a popup window in Tkinter?
- How do I set a minimum window size in Tkinter?
- How do I handle the window close event in Tkinter?
- How do I open a website in a Tkinter window?
- How do I create a popup window using Tkinter?
- How do I create a popup window using Tkinter Program?
- How do I position the buttons on a Tkinter window?
- How do I use PIL with Tkinter?
- How do I get rid of the Python Tkinter root window?
- How do I insert a JPEG image into a Python Tkinter window?
- How do I get the width and height of a Tkinter window?
- How do I use Tkinter in Python to create line-wrapped text that fills the width of the window?
- How can I resize the root window in Tkinter?
- How do I display tooltips in Tkinter?