- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can Pygal be used to visualize a treemap in Python?
Visualizing data is an important step since it helps understand what is going on in the data without actually looking at the complicated working underneath it and performing complicated computations.
Pygal is an open source Python package that helps in the creation of interactive plots, and SVG (Scalar Vector Graphics) images of graphs. SVG refers to dynamically generating animated graphs with the given data. These SVG images of graphs can be used and customized depending on our requirements. The SVG images are highly scalable, hence they can be downloaded in high quality format. These downloaded images can also be embedded to various projects, websites and so on.
These interactive and customized graphs can be created with ease in Pygal. Pygal helps create bar chart, histogram, line plot, and much more.
Treemap is used to represent that kind of data which is nested in nature. It is represented as a rectangle. The size of the map represents the values present in the dataset. Greater the size of the treemap indicates higher the value of the data point.
Pygal package can be installed using the below command on Windows −
pip install Pygal
Let us understand how Treemap be created using Pygal −
import pygal from pygal.style import Style custom_style = Style(colors=('#E80080', '#404040', '#9BC850', '#E81190')) treemap = pygal.Treemap(height=400,width = 300,style=custom_style) treemap.title = "Treemap " treemap.add("label 1", [0.4,0.5,0.6, 0.7]) treemap.add("label 2", [1.2,1.3,1.4]) treemap.add("label 3", [1.5,1.6,1.9]) treemap.add("label 3", [1.8,1.9,2.0,2.1,2.2]) treemap.render_in_browser()
The required packages are imported into the environment.
The pygal.Treemap function is called with a few parameters.
This is assigned to a variable that is used to add characteristics.
The colors for the Treemap are defined.
The height and width of the graph is also defined.
The title and values for the Treemap are defined.
The ‘render_in_browser’ function is called to plot the generated Treemap in the browser.
- How can Pygal be used to generate line plots in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate box plots in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate dot plots in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate Funnel plots in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate Gauge plots in Python?
- How can Bokeh be used to visualize bar plot in Python?
- Explain how Pygal can be used to create interactive visualizations, and show how a bar graph can be visualized using Pygal.
- How can Tensorflow be used to visualize the data using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to visualize training results using Python?
- How can factorplot be used in Seaborn to visualize data in Python?
- How can Bokeh be used to visualize multiple bar plots in Python?
- How can Bokeh library be used to visualize twin axes in Python?
- How can Seaborn library be used to visualize point plots in Python?
- How can FacetGrid be used to visualize data in Python Seaborn Library?
- How can Bokeh be used to visualize multiple shapes on a plot in Python?