- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can Pygal be used to generate Gauge plots in Python?
Visualizing data is an important step since it helps understand what is going on in the data without actually looking at the complicated working underneath it and performing complicated computations.
Pygal is an open source Python package that helps in the creation of interactive plots, and SVG (Scalar Vector Graphics) images of graphs. SVG refers to dynamically generating animated graphs with the given data. These SVG images of graphs can be used and customized depending on our requirements. The SVG images are highly scalable, hence they can be downloaded in high quality format. These downloaded images can also be embedded to various projects, websites and so on.
These interactive and customized graphs can be created with ease in Pygal. Pygal helps create bar chart, histogram, line plot, and much more.
A gauge chart is a combination of a pie chart and a dough nut chart. It helps in visualizing data at a specific value.
Pygal package can be installed using the below command on Windows −
pip install Pygal
Let us understand how Gauge charts be created using Pygal −
Import pygal from pygal.style import Style custom_style = Style(colors=('#E80080', '#404040', '#9BC850', '#E81190')) gauge_chart = pygal.Gauge(height=400,width = 300,style=custom_style, human_readable=True) gauge_chart.title = "Gauge plot" gauge_chart.add("label 1", [0.4]) gauge_chart.add("label 2", [1.2]) gauge_chart.add("label 3", [1.5]) gauge_chart.add("label 3", [1.8]) gauge_chart.render_in_browser()
The required packages are imported into the environment.
The pygal. Gauge function is called with a few parameters.
This is assigned to a variable that is used to add characteristics.
The colors for the Gauge plots are defined.
The height and width of the graph is also defined.
The title and values for the Gauge plots are defined.
The ‘render_in_browser’ function is called to plot the generated Gauge plot in the browser.
- How can Pygal be used to generate line plots in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate box plots in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate dot plots in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate Funnel plots in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to visualize a treemap in Python?
- Explain how Pygal can be used to create interactive visualizations, and show how a bar graph can be visualized using Pygal.
- How can Matplotlib be used to create multiple plots iteratively in Python?
- How can Bokeh be used to visualize multiple bar plots in Python?
- How can Seaborn library be used to visualize point plots in Python?
- How can Bokeh be used to generate sinusoidal waves in Python?
- How can Bokeh be used to generate patch plot in Python?
- How can Matplotlib be used to three-dimensional line plots using Python?
- How can Seaborn library be used to display categorical scatter plots in Python?
- How can Bokeh library be used to generate line graphs in Python?
- How can Bokeh be used to generate candle stick plot in Python?