- Set Up SSH Keys in Gerrit
- Generate New SSH Key
- Add Your SSH Key
- Add SSH Key to your Gerrit Account
- Add SSH Key to use with Git
- Download Extension Using Git
- How to Submit a Patch
- Gerrit - Update Master
- Gerrit - Create Branch
- Make & Commit Your Change
- Prepare Push change set to Gerrit
- Push your change set to Gerrit
- View the Change / Next Steps
- Editing via the Web-Interface
- How Code is reviewed in Gerrit
- Review Before Merge
- Gerrit - Project Owners
- How to Comment on, review, merge
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to Comment, Review, and Merge
Anyone can review the code and comment on the code in Gerrit. Consider the following steps −
Step 1 − Login to Gerrit to open the Gerrit dashboard as specified in the previous chapter.
Step 2 − Now, click any subject which contains Gerrit project, branch, updated date, etc. as shown in the following screenshot.
Step 3 − Next, it will display a screen. Click the Commit Message option as shown in the following screenshot.
The important fields of the change set are like Reviewers, Add Reviewer, Side-by-side off, etc. Comparing patch sets includes selecting the old version history list, expanding the newer patch set details, etc. Reviewing and merging or rejecting the code includes abandon change button, submitting patch button, etc. which are not present in the current version of Gerrit.