- Set Up SSH Keys in Gerrit
- Generate New SSH Key
- Add Your SSH Key
- Add SSH Key to your Gerrit Account
- Add SSH Key to use with Git
- Download Extension Using Git
- How to Submit a Patch
- Gerrit - Update Master
- Gerrit - Create Branch
- Make & Commit Your Change
- Prepare Push change set to Gerrit
- Push your change set to Gerrit
- View the Change / Next Steps
- Editing via the Web-Interface
- How Code is reviewed in Gerrit
- Review Before Merge
- Gerrit - Project Owners
- How to Comment on, review, merge
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Gerrit - Update Master
You can make the master branch up-to-date using the following command. The git-pull command fetches from another local branch or integrates with another repository.
git pull origin master
The command will pull changes from the origin remote (URL of remote to fetch from), master branch and merge the changes to local checked-out branch.
The origin master is a cached copy of the last pulled from the origin.
Git pull is a combination of git fetch (fetches new commits from the remote repository) and git merge (integrates new commits into local branch).
Git pull merges the local branch with the remote branch by default.