- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Supercomputer and Mainframe Computer.
As name suggests both supercomputer and mainframe computer is the most powerful computer that has developed. We can distinguish between both of these computers based on the operations they performed. Below are the main differences between both of these computers.
|Sr. No.||Key||Super Computer||Mainframe Computer|
|1||Basic implementation||Supercomputers basically designed to perform large and complex mathematical computations.||On other hand mainframe computer are first invented by IBM.|
|2||Invention and introduction||Super computer was first invented by Seymour Cray in the year 1976.||super keyword used to call default constructor of the parent class.|
|3||Performance||Performance of super computer is higher as compare to mainframe computers as supercomputer can execute billions of floating point operations in a second.||On other hand performance of mainframe computer is slower as compared to that of super computer as mainframe computers can execute millions of instruction simultaneously.|
|4||Size and layout||Super computer are the largest and have biggest layout in the world.||On other hand mainframe computer as compare to super computer are smaller in size and layout.|
|5||Operating system||The modern supercomputers have Linux operating system and derivative variants of Linux operating system.||On other hand Mainframe computer has the ability to run multiple operating system. simultaneously.|
- Difference Between Mainframe and Minicomputer
- Difference Between Calculator and Computer
- Difference Between Brain and Computer
- Difference Between Analog and Digital Computer
- What is the difference between Computer Architecture and Computer Organization?
- Difference between NAS and SAN in Computer Network
- Difference between Cache and Cookies in Computer Network?
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security in Computer Networks?
- Differences between Computer Architecture and Computer Organization.
- IBM watson the supercomputer
- What is the difference between MUX and DEMUX in computer architecture?
- What is the difference between Decoder and Demultiplexer in Computer Architecture?
- What is the difference between Encoder and Decoder in Computer architecture?
- What is the difference between RISC and CISC in Computer Architecture?
- What is the difference between Concurrency and Parallel Execution in Computer Architecture?