- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Brain and Computer
In this post, we will understand the difference between brain and computer −
It is constituted with neurons and synapses.
The memory growth of a brain increases every time synaptic links are connected.
The brain has a built-in backup system.
It has a memory power of about 100 teraflops (approx. 100 trillion calculations/seconds)
The memory density of the brain is 107 circuits/cm3.
The energy consumption is 12 watts of power.
The information is stored as electrochemical and electric impulses.
The weight of the brain is around 3.3 pounds.
The volume of the brain is 1500 cm3.
The information is transmitted using chemicals that fire the action potential in the neurons.
The information processing ability of the brain is low.
The input or output equipment is the sensory organs.
It is self-organized.
It implements massive amounts of parallelism.
It is reliable, and self-maintaining.
It can be constructed using IC, transistors, diodes, capacitors, and transistors.
The memory growth of the computer can be increased by adding memory chips to it.
The backup systems are manually constructed.
It has a memory power of about 100 million megabytes.
It has a memory density of 1014 bits/cm3.
The energy consumption is in terms of gigawatts of power.
The information is stored in numeric and symbolic form (as in binary bits).
Its size and weight varies depending on type system- from a few grams to tons.
The communication happens using electrical coded signals.
It has the ability to process large amounts of information.
The input and/or output equipment includes keyboards, mouse, web cameras.
It has a pre-programmed structure.
It has limited parallelism.
Since it performs a monotonous job, it can’t rectify its mistakes on its own.
- Difference Between Calculator and Computer
- Difference between Supercomputer and Mainframe Computer.
- Difference Between Analog and Digital Computer
- What is the difference between Computer Architecture and Computer Organization?
- Difference between NAS and SAN in Computer Network
- Difference between Cache and Cookies in Computer Network?
- Coming Up- Brain Wave Conversations with Your Computer From Facebook
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security in Computer Networks?
- Differences between Computer Architecture and Computer Organization.
- What is the difference between RISC and CISC in Computer Architecture?
- What is the difference between MUX and DEMUX in computer architecture?
- What is the difference between Encoder and Decoder in Computer architecture?
- What is the difference between Decoder and Demultiplexer in Computer Architecture?
- Difference between Shared Memory Multiprocessors and Message-Passing Multiprocessors in Computer Architecture.
- What is the difference between Concurrency and Parallel Execution in Computer Architecture?