- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Analog and Digital Computer
In this post, we will understand the difference between analog computer and digital computer −
It works with continuous values, i.e they process continuous data.
The speed of such computers is less than that of digital computers.
It has very less memory, and can store limited amount of data.
It doesn’t have any state.
They are not as reliable as digital computers.
It doesn’t provide performance as good as digital computers.
Its processing speed is low.
It depends on physical variations.
The results given by analog computers have very less accuracy.
They are not easy to use.
They have a complex architecture.
It has low readability.
The results of analog computers are given out as voltage signals.
They use analog encoding.
They use special purpose devices.
They consume more power.
Examples includes analog clock and thermometer.
They work with discrete values, i.e they process discrete data.
The speed of digital computers is more in comparison to analog computers.
It has more memory space, hence stores large amounts of data.
It has two steps: On and Off.
It is more reliable.
It provides great performance.
Its processing speed is high.
It doesn’t depend on physical variations.
They are easy to use.
The results are more accurate.
Their architecture is not as complex as analog computers.
They have high readability.
The results are displayed on the monitor/display screen.
They use digital encoding technique.
They consume less power.
It can be used as a general purpose device.
Examples include laptop, digital camera, digital watches.
- Difference between Analog and Digital Circuits
- Differences between Digital and Analog System.
- What are Analog and Digital signals?
- Analog & Digital Multimeter
- Difference Between Digital Signature and Digital Certificate
- Explain Digital to Analog Conversion
- What is Analog to Digital Conversion?
- Difference Between Digital Signature and Electronic Signature
- Difference Between Calculator and Computer
- Difference Between Brain and Computer
- Difference between Supercomputer and Mainframe Computer.
- What is the difference between Electronic signatures and Digital Signatures?
- What is the difference between Computer Architecture and Computer Organization?
- Difference between NAS and SAN in Computer Network
- Difference between Cache and Cookies in Computer Network?