- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Security and Protection
In this post, we will understand the difference between security and protection −
Security grants access to specific users of the system only.
There are external security threats associated with the system.
Convoluted queries are handled by security systems.
Security uses mechanisms like encryption and authentication (also known as certification) are used.
It deals with the access to certain system resources.
There are internal threats associated with protection of the system.
Simple queries are handled in protection.
It tries to determine the files that could be accessed or permeated by a special user.
It implements authorization mechanism.
- Protection and Security in Operating System
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security
- Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security
- Difference Between Cybersecurity and Network Security
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security in Computer Networks?
- What is the difference between Software Security and Cyber Security?
- Distinguish between Data Privacy and Data Protection.
- What is the difference between Physical Security and Logical Security in information security?
- What is the difference between Privacy and Security?
- What is the difference between Cryptography and Cyber Security?
- What is the difference between data security and data integrity?
- Difference between Security Market Line (SML) and Capital Market Line (CML)
- What is the difference between SHA and MD5 in Information Security?
- What is the difference between Hashing and Encryption in Information Security?
- What is the difference between Confusion and Diffusion in information security?