- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security
Cyber Security and Information Security both terms are synonymous with each other the difference between the two comes when nature of data which is going to secure. In nutshell Cyber security deals with protecting networks, computers, and data from unauthorized electronic access while Information security deals with protecting information assets regardless of whether the information is in physical or digital format.
Data security is all about securing data. But there is difference between data and information. Not every data can be information. Data can be called as information when it is interpreted in a context and given meaning. For example, “14041989″ is data until if we know that this is date of birth of a person, then it is information. So information means data which has some meaning. Hence all information is type of data while all data is not necessary an information
Following are the important differences between Cyber Security and Information Security
|Sr. No.||Key||Cyber Security||Information Security|
|1||Definition||Cyber security is the practice of protecting information and data over the internet from unauthorised access and hack or stolen.||On other hand Information security is all about protecting information and information systems from unauthorized use, assess, modification or removal. It’s similar to data security, which has to do with protecting data from being hacked or stolen.|
|2||Implementation||Cyber security as mainly deals with protecting information over internet so cyber security is implemented on network over which information transfers take place.||On other hand Information security mainly deals with protecting information which is over or not over the internet so information security implementation not only limited to network.|
|3||Threat type||In case of cyber security main threat type include cyber-attacks and different kinds of Trojans and virus attacks.||On other hand all type of data threads covered under information security irrespective of the realm.|
|4||Secures||Professionals under cyber security cyber deals with advanced persistent threat with latest network data transmission which includes bank transactions, online shopping, phishing, baiting, data breach and other monetary/non-monetary transactions.||On other hand information security professionals is the foundation of data security and security professionals associated with it prioritize resources first before dealing with threats.|
|5||Type of data||If case of cyber security the main concern is safeguarding company’s information and security technologies (IST) from unauthorized digital access.||On other hand information security means protecting company’s information assets from any type of threat such as theft, unauthorized access or loss of data due to inappropriate handling.|
- Related Articles
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security in Computer Networks?
- What is the difference between Software Security and Cyber Security?
- What is the difference between Physical Security and Logical Security in information security?
- What is the difference between Cryptography and Cyber Security?
- Difference between Client-side filter and Server-side filters in Cyber Security
- What is Cyber Security and Cyber Crimes?
- Cyber System Security
- Cyber Security Policy
- What is the difference between SHA and MD5 in Information Security?
- What is the difference between Hashing and Encryption in Information Security?
- What is the difference between Confusion and Diffusion in information security?
- What is the difference between Encryption and Steganography in Information Security?
- Difference Between Security and Protection
- What is the difference between MAC and Hash function in Information Security?
- How does Security Information Management Works in information security?