- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the difference between data security and data integrity?
Data security define the collective measures used to protect and secure a database or database management software from improper use and malicious cyber threats and attacks. Database security is a layer of information security. It is basically concerned with physical protection of information, encryption of information in storage and data remanence issues.
Data security is generally defined as the confidentiality, availability and integrity of data. In another terms, it is all of the practices and processes that are in place to provide data isn't being used or accessed by unauthorized individuals or parties. Data security provides that the data is accurate and reliable and is available when those with authorized access required it.
An acceptable data security plan should target on collecting only the required data information, maintaining it safe and destroying any data that is no longer required. A plan that places priority on these three elements will provide any business meet the legal obligations of possessing sensitive information.
Database security processes are aimed at securing not only the data inside the database, but the database management system and all the applications that access it from intrusion, misuse of information, and damage.
The data security policy should also address incident response and reporting, defining how data security gap are managed and by whom, and how security incidents must be analyzed and “lessons understand” can be used to prevent future incidents.
Data integrity is the overall completeness, accuracy and consistency of information. This can be denoted by the absence of alteration between two instances or between two updates of a data information, defining data is intact and unchanged.
Data integrity is generally imposed during the database design process through the use of standard process and rules. It is maintained through the use of several errorchecking methods and validation process.
Data integrity also used to the data's protection and security in terms of regulatory enforcement, including GDPR compliance. It is maintain up to date by a set of process, guidelines, and specifications that were put in place during the design process.
It is simply to receive the true sense of data integrity muddled because there is so much chatter about it. Data protection and data quality are confused with data integrity, but the two terms have several meanings. Data integrity also provides that the information is protected from external influences.
Data Integrity can be enforced both at the physical and logical level. The first contains protecting information against various external factors including power outages, unexpected calamities, data breaches, damage generated by human operators, etc. The latter is concerned with keeping the rationality of data inside relational databases.
- What is Data Integrity?
- What is the difference between Data Mining and Data Warehouse?
- Differentiate between Data Privacy and Data Security.
- What are the types of data integrity?
- What is the difference between Software Security and Cyber Security?
- What is the difference between Privacy and Security?
- What is the difference between data and information in DBMS?
- What is the difference between Sequence control and data control?
- What is the difference between Descriptive and Predictive Data Mining?
- What is the difference between Spatial and Temporal Data Mining?
- What is the difference between Text Mining and Data Mining?
- What is the difference between Physical Security and Logical Security in information security?
- What is the difference between Cryptography and Cyber Security?
- What is the difference between data types and literals in Java?
- What is the difference between MySQL DATETIME and TIMESTAMP data type?