- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between MySQL and SQL Server
Both MySQL and SQL Server, both are relational database management systems or RDBMS. MySQL is open source and is free to use whereas SQL Server is licensed product of Microsoft.
Following are the important differences between MySQL and SQL Server.
|Sr. No.||Key||MySQL||SQL Server|
|1||Owned/Developed By||MySQL is owned by Oracle.||SQL Server is developed by Microsoft.|
|2||Language support||MySql supports programming languages like C++, Java and has running support for Perl, TCL and Haskel.||SQL Server supports programming languages like C++, Java, Ruby, Visual Basic, Delphi, R.|
|3||Storage Space||MySql needs less amount of operational storage space.||SQL Server needs large amount of operational storage space.|
|4||Query Cancellation||MySql does not support midway query execution cancellation.||SQL Server allows canceling query execution midways.|
|5||Back Up||MySQL blocks the database while taking the backup.||SQL Server does not block the database during backup process.|
|6||Cost||MySQL is free to use.||SQL Server is costly.|
|7||Data File Manipulation||Data file can be manipulated while running.||Data file manipulation is not allowed under security consideration while running.|
|8||Available Editions||MySQL Standard Edition, MySQL Enterprise Edition, and MySQL Cluster Grade Edition.||Enterprise, Standard, Web, Workgroup, or Express.|
- Difference between Oracle and SQL Server
- Difference between ETL and ELT in SQL Server
- Difference between Star schema and Snowflake schema in SQL Server
- Difference between SQL and PL/SQL
- Difference Between SQL and T-SQL
- Difference between clustered index and non-clustered index in SQL server
- Difference between Web Server and Application Server
- What is the difference between SQL and MySQL?
- Difference between Static SQL and Dynamic SQL
- Difference Between T-SQL and PL-SQL
- Difference between Workstation and Server.
- Difference between SQL and NoSQL
- Difference between DELETE and DROP SQL
- Difference between SQL(Structured Query Language) and T-SQL(Transact-SQL).
- Database Wars: MSSQL Server, Oracle PL/SQL and MySQL