- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Web Server and Application Server
A Server is a central place where information and programs are stored and accessed by applications over the network. Web Server is a server which accepts a request for data and sends the relevant document in return whereas Application Server contains a ejb container component as well to run the enterprise applications.
Following are the important differences between Web Server and Application Server.
|Sr. No.||Key||Web Server||Application Server|
|1||Purpose||Web Server contains Web container only.||Application Server contains Web Container plus EJB Container.|
|2||Useful||A web server is good in case of static contents like static html pages.||Applcation server is relevant in case of dynamic contents like bank websites.|
|3||Resource Consumption||Web server consumes less resources like CPU, Memory etc. as compared to application server.||Application server utilizes more resources.|
|4||Target Environment||Web Server provides the runtime environment for web applications.||Application server provides the runtime environment for enterprise applications.|
|5||Multithreading support||Multithreading is not supported.||Multithreading is supported.|
|6||Protocol(s) supported||Web Server supports HTTP Protocol.||Application Server suppots HTTP as well as RPC/RMI protocols.|
|7||Example||Apache Web Server.||Weblogic, JBoss.|
- Difference between Web Browser and Web Server.
- Difference between Workstation and Server.
- Difference between MySQL and SQL Server
- Difference between Oracle and SQL Server
- Using HTML5 Server-Sent Events in a web application
- How can we maintain session between Web Client and Web Server?
- Can a web application listen for data without a server?
- Difference between ETL and ELT in SQL Server
- Difference Between Server-side Scripting and Clientside Scripting
- Difference between Client-Server and Peer-to-Peer Network
- What is the difference between Firebase and Parse Server?
- MySQL Server and Server-Startup Programs
- Difference between Star schema and Snowflake schema in SQL Server
- As HTTP is a stateless then how to maintain the session between web browser and web server?
- Difference between clustered index and non-clustered index in SQL server