- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between DBMS and RDBMS
DBMS represents a Database Management System. It is used to create/update/delete and maintain a database and it provides controlled access to data. RDBMS, Relational Database Management System, is an enhanced version of DBMS.
Following are the important differences between DBMS and RDBMS.
|1||Definition||DBMS stands for DataBase Management System.||RDBMS stands for Relational DataBase Management System.|
|2||Data Storage||Data is stored as file.||Data is stored as tables.|
|3||Data Access||In DBMS, each data elements are to be accessed individually.||In RDBMS, multiple data elements can be accessed at same time.|
|4||Relationship||There is no relationship between data in DBMS.||Data is present in multiple tables which can be related to each other.|
|5||Normalization||Normalization cannot be achieved.||Normalization can be achieved.|
|6||Distributed database||DBMS has no support for distributed databases.||RDBMS supports distributed databases.|
|7||Data Quantity||DBMS deals with small quantity of data.||RDBMS deals with large quantity of data.|
|8||Data Redundancy||Data Redundancy is common in DBMS.||Data Redundancy can be reduced using key and indexes in RDBMS.|
|9||User||DBMS supports single user at a time.||RDBMS supports multiple users at a time.|
|10||Security||DBMS provides low security during data manipulation.||RDBMS has multilayer security during data manipulation.|
|11||Example||MSAccess.||Oracle, SQL Server.|
- Difference between RDBMS and MongoDB
- Difference between RDBMS and OODBMS
- Difference between RDBMS and HBase
- Difference between DDL and DML in DBMS.
- Difference Between Generalization and Specialization in DBMS
- Difference between an SAP ERP system and DBMS
- Difference between SAP ERP and a DBMS system
- State the difference between file systems and DBMS?
- Difference Between Primary key and Foreign key in DBMS
- Difference Between E-R Model and Relational Model in DBMS
- What is the difference between data and information in DBMS?
- Differentiate between OS and DBMS files and OS and DBMS buffer manager
- RDBMS terminologies
- Distinguish between flat files and databases (dbms)?
- Future of RDBMS