- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differentiate between OS and DBMS files and OS and DBMS buffer manager
A Database Management System (DBMS) is a mix of computer software, hardware, and data intended to electronically control information by means of computer preparation.
Two sorts of database management systems are DBMS and FMS.
In straightforward terms, a File Management System (FMS) is a Database Management System that enables access to single records or tables at once.
FMS oblige level records that have no connection to different documents.
The FMS was the ancestor for the Database Management System (DBMS), which enables access to various records or tables at once.
We have to utilize circle stockpiling for the database, and to exchange pieces of information between Main Memory and plate.
We likewise need to limit the quantity of such exchanges, as they are tedious.
One route is to keep however many pieces as could be expected under the circumstances in MM.
Typically, we can't keep all pieces in MM, so we have to deal with the assignment of accessible MM space.
The cushion is the piece of MM accessible for the capacity of duplicates of plate squares.
A DBMS must deal with a gigantic measure of information, and over the span of preparing the required space for the squares of information will regularly be more prominent than the memory space available.
For this there is the need to deal with a memory in which to stack and empty the blocks. The cushion director is mindful basically to manage the activities inherent in saving and stacking the pieces.
The activities that give the support chief are as follows −
This order advises the administrator of the cushion to stack a piece from the circle and return the pointer to the memory where it is stacked. On the off chance that the square was at that point in memory, the buffer administrator needs just to restore the pointer, else he should stack from the circle and bring it into memory.
On the off chance that the cradle memory is full however it is conceivable to have 2 situations: or the likelihood of discharging a segment of memory that is involved by transactions already finished. For this situation, before liberating the territory the substance is composed to circle if any piece of this region had been changed.
There is the likelihood of free memory to be involved on the grounds that advances are still ongoing.
In this case, the cushion chief can work in two routes −
In the primary mode (STEAL) the operator of the free cradle memory is possessed by a progress effectively dynamic, possibly saving your progressions to plate.
In the second mode (NOT STEAL) the change requested block is made to hold up until the free memory.
- Difference between Network OS and Distributed OS
- Differentiate between process switch and mode switch in OS
- Distinguish between flat files and databases (dbms)?
- Differentiate between shared memory and message passing model in OS.
- What are the differences between Client OS and Server OS?
- Difference Between Paging and Swapping in OS
- Difference Between Deadlock and Starvation in OS
- Difference Between Semaphore and Monitor in OS
- Difference Between Multitasking and Multithreading in OS
- Difference Between Buffering and Caching in OS
- Difference Between Interrupt and Polling in OS
- Difference Between Paging and Segmentation in OS
- Difference Between Spooling and Buffering in OS
- Difference between DBMS and RDBMS
- Difference Between Virtual and Cache Memory in OS