- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Baidu Cloud and MediaFire
Baidu Cloud was launched on 23rd March 2012 by Baidu Inc. MediaFire was founded in August 2006 by Derek Labian and Tom Langridge. Even though both are cloud storage providers, there are some dissimilarities in their features and the way they function.
The following table highlights the major differences between Baidu Cloud and MediaFire.
|It can be used for both personal and commercial applications. In 2016, Baidu implemented ABC (AI, Big Data, Cloud computing) technology.||It can be used for small-scale commercial applications and private usage. There is a limit to data storage.|
|It is free to use up to a particular size. The maximum file size is 4 GB for free and 20 GB for paid.||It provides free 10 GB storage and can be increased to 50 GB freely. It provides a maximum paid storage capacity of 100 TB. The maximum file size for uploading is 20 GB.|
|It uses a simple file storage mechanism.||It has a simple file storage mechanism.|
|It does have encryption. So storing sensitive data is not a problem.||There is no encryption of data. Therefore, it is better to use MediaFire for low-security data storage purposes.|
|It has basic features of file sharing like file management, sharing, etc.||There are some features like automatic sync of files from our devices, easy recovery of deleted files, shared folder features, easy sharing, etc.|
|We can increase the free storage of 1 TB to 2 TB by downloading and logging into Baidu Pan's mobile client.||There are many social and promotional activities that users can do to increase free storage from 10 GB to 50 GB.|
|There are no ways to do SQL queries because it is a normal file management system.||There are no ways to do SQL queries as it has a simple file management system.|
|Baidu Inc supports the Baidu cloud. They are doing a great job by bringing all the Baidu services under one umbrella.||It does not have partners that help in the recovery of data.|
|Baidu normally promotes many ads. They used many ads for revenue in their beginning stages.||In the free version, it has many ads on the download page.|
|There are no special data storage classes. All the data at the time of retrieval are given the same priority (pace).||There are no special data storage classes. All the data are retrieved at the same pace.|
|It can only be used in some countries.||It is available in almost every part of the world.|
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and BorgBase
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and CloudMe
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and Jumpshare
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and HCL Connections
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and Backblaze B2
- Difference between CloudMe and MediaFire
- Difference between Box and MediaFire
- Difference between Dropbox and MediaFire
- Difference between MediaFire and BorgBase
- Difference between MediaFire and Mega
- What are the differences between Baidu Cloud and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between Baidu Cloud and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between Baidu Cloud and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between Baidu Cloud and Mega?
- What are the differences between Baidu Cloud and Wuala?